Friday 11 July 2014

One of Seefud's own...


Cooked on a wood burning stove in two pans
Eggs went in the bacon pan once that was cooked

Bacon "resting" over the sausages with the veg

The finished plate

Seefud
The accidental secret here was the very low heat as I was too impatient to let the wood burning stove get up to full heat. The sausages (latteral slashes) really benefited as did the eggs, much to my surprise. The eggs had been laid within 12 hours and were the best fried hen's eggs I've ever had. I think I will be cooking eggs low and slow from now on. Good quality Southwold bacon too. Overall, I was a very happy cook and customer!
  • Food     6
  • Service  1

4 comments:

  1. Looks excellent. I'm a big fan of mushrooms cooked in with the bacon. Good to see no beans. But was there no toast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No electricity, no toaster and no bread = no toast. I did try toasting a roll directly on the wood burner but the results were unspectacular. More the fault of the bread though I suspect.

    ReplyDelete