Friday 13 June 2014

Michaelhouse Café

http://www.michaelhousecafe.co.uk/
A quintessential Cambridge location and not a bad breakfast. Between 9 and 10am Trinity Street is a constant procession of bikes and vans. But underneath St Michael's Church in the sunshine can't be a completely bad location for a Friday fry-up. Especially with a 2-4-1 offer on!


The view back down Trinity Street
Scrambled eggs on toast w shrooms, bacon and sausage
Seefud
+ Very nice location despite the busy road. Great mushrooms, sausage and scrambled eggs. Nice coffee too.

- The bacon was beyond over cooked, the toast wasn't fresh either. No tomato or beans left it looking pretty monotone and by the end it felt a touch greasy and heavy. Fairly surly service though and the food arrived before the cutlery (cardinal sin!). Not sure if it was the waitress or Troby to blame though to be fair....

Food          4
Value         4 (will be 3 if the 2-4-1 offer ends)
Service      2
Ambience 4
Coffee       4

Troby
It was just the sort of thing I was looking for, but in the end - too dry! I love my toast crumby, and I like my bacon well crisped, I also like my sausage cut transverally and cooked again. However without a tomato, or beans or something, this was positively arid! The breakfast we ordered comes with extra toast, so overall rather bread heavy (I like my toast unbuttered, so I emerged parched, but Sefud liking buttered, came out over greased) . Service was not prompt, and it would have been nice to have been offered sauce/mustard/cutlery but the location is brilliant and the overall quality of food also good.
I agree with Sefud's scores.

No comments:

Post a Comment